Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by ashish talati <aj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/12 18:15:08 UTC

please help-chainsaw configuration

Hi there,
  I am using chainsaw to view my logs coming through remote host with socket appender-reciever pair.
  Everything is working fine,the logs are coming in the different Tab and I also saved the reciever config. through view-> application wide pref.

  However when I close the chainsaw and start again my all logs are gone with the tab.
  Please tell me how can I save the tab and the logs in that.

  My application is in real time so File-> save as would not work for me, as If sudden shut down occurs in the system and chainsaw shutdown before I save my logs manually.

  So I need some automatic way that save my tab and the logs.

  I will be grateful to you for any kind of help.

  Regards

---------------------------------
Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

RE: please help-chainsaw configuration

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
You can choose to add a fileAppender to Chainsaw's receiver
configuration, so every event received by the Chainsaw UI would also end
up in a file.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS