Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de> on 2006/11/10 21:57:48 UTC

Re: How to get a module to bind on a different port

Hi,

the Listen directive is always part of the Server configuration and not a
module's business.
The correct way is to use more than one Listen directive and have a virtual
host deal with your module stuff.
For example:
Listen 80
Listen YOURPORT
<VirtualHost *:YOURPORT>
  YourModuleDirective
</VirtualHost>
Look at the documentation on modules like mod_ssl for details (or e.g. my
own module mod_daytime:
http://buecher.lingoworld.de/apache2/mod_daytime_en.html)

Hope that helps.

Regards
Sascha

Posted by Kasper Laudrup <la...@linuxfan.dk>.
Hi,

That was excactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Regards,
Kasper