Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ccampo <cc...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/15 17:50:13 UTC

The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.

The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.

If you define a Camel route which uses the Camel Kafka component, it will
crash when running with a NoClassDefFoundError. I've tracked this down to
the project that uses camel-kafka 2.15.1 also requires an explicit
dependency on scala-library 2.10.2. This dependency is not mentioned
anywhere in the documentation. Here's the error that occurs when the Scala
dependency is missing:

Here's the route I'm using:

My project is using Spring Boot 1.2.3 and Camel 2.15.1.

Would you like me to open a JIRA ticket for this to be resolved?

Re: The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks guys yeah that is a valid reason. I think we should add to
camel-kafka that the user should add the scala libraries version they
use/need.

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.

czw., 16 kwi 2015 o 19:10 użytkownik Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.