Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ludovic Maitre <Lu...@fr.oleane.com> on 2003/07/01 15:47:56 UTC

Logging with Struts and Tomcat

Hello,

I use Struts 1.1 and Tomcat 4.1.24 and i cannot use correctly the
logging functionnality of Struts. More exactly i don't know which
settings i must set and in which file.

It is said in the doc that Struts use the logging facilities of the
underlying logging implementation :
controls how much
  *     information is logged for this servlet. Accepts values 0 (off)
and from
  *     1 (least serious) through 6 (most serious). [0]
  *     <em>DEPRECATED - Configure the logging detail level in your
  *     underlying logging implementation.</em></li>
(in ActionServlet.java)

  So i want to set the log level of Struts to debug.

I think (it's what i have understand from the above sentences) what i
must configure the Tomcat logger for doing this.

So i have configured the context.xml file where my application is
declared on the webserver :

in the context file MyApp.xml :
<Context path="/myApp" docBase="d:/projets/myApp/dist/myApp.war"
   debug="6" reloadable="false">

     prefix="awrgfa_" timestamp="true" suffix=".log" verbosity="5"/>

But i see nothing i my logs after i have reloaded the application (and
also restarted the tomcat).

(typically i want to see how the RequestProcessor function and i want to
see the lines :
         if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
             log.debug(" Populating bean properties from this request");
         }
from RequestProcessor.java, line 812-814.)

So i somebody know what i am doing wrong, please tell me what.

By the way, thanks to all the struts team for having giving us the 1.1
release!

Best regards,
--
Ludovic Maître

Factory Productions                 | Tél: (33) 04 93 07 08 00
149, avenue des mimosas             | Fax: (33) 04 93 07 04 02
06700 Saint-Laurent-du-Var (France) | Web: http://www.factory.fr