Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Dietmar Wolz <di...@sopera.de> on 2009/01/30 15:27:58 UTC

Eclipse Gallileo IP process for ODE, beta of ODE 2.0 urgently required

We in the Eclipse Swordfish team http://www.eclipse.org/swordfish/ are currently trying to
get  ODE through the Eclipse Foundation's IP process (license and intellectual property
checking, due diligence). This is the second planned usage of ODE in the Eclipse Runtime
beside the Eclipse SMILA project. Jürgen Schumacher from SMILA removed Jaxen and Saxon
dependencies from ODE - which is a prerequisite to get ODE through the eclipse IP compliance
process due to some license issues with Jaxen and Saxon. Our problem is that the eclipse IP
process only uses released software and ODE 1.2 cannot be used because of the Jaxen and Saxon
dependencies and missing functionality. Back in October an ODE 2.0 beta was thought doable
within "a week or two" - see below. We at Eclipse (Smila and Swordfish) urgently need a beta release of
ODE 2.0. When can a beta be expected? Are there any plans for a trunk release?
It would help us very much.

Yours, Dr. Dietmar Wolz

Re: Eclipse Gallileo IP process for ODE, beta of ODE 2.0 urgently required

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Dietmar Wolz <di...@sopera.de>wrote:

> We in the Eclipse Swordfish team http://www.eclipse.org/swordfish/ are
> currently trying to
> get  ODE through the Eclipse Foundation's IP process (license and
> intellectual property
> checking, due diligence). This is the second planned usage of ODE in the
> Eclipse Runtime
> beside the Eclipse SMILA project. Jürgen Schumacher from SMILA removed
> Jaxen and Saxon
> dependencies from ODE - which is a prerequisite to get ODE through the
> eclipse IP compliance
> process due to some license issues with Jaxen and Saxon. Our problem is
> that the eclipse IP
> process only uses released software and ODE 1.2 cannot be used because of
> the Jaxen and Saxon
> dependencies and missing functionality. Back in October an ODE 2.0 beta was
> thought doable
> within "a week or two" - see below. We at Eclipse (Smila and Swordfish)
> urgently need a beta release of
> ODE 2.0. When can a beta be expected? Are there any plans for a trunk
> release?
> It would help us very much.

I'll try to make a decent build this week so people can start voting on it.

Thanks,
Matthieu