Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2018/07/08 06:22:45 UTC

Re: Mention for JSONiq support in VXQuery website

Hi Christina,

I’ve created one more PR [1] that brings the Hyracks dependency up to the
latest released version. I think that it would be nice to include that on
a new release. Could you review the PR?

Also, I only ran the tests that are part of the maven build.
Are there other things that should be tested before releasing?

Hope your internship goes well and that you’ll be able to take a look.

Till

[1] https://github.com/apache/vxquery/pull/180

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
I’ve merged the change now as the build and the XQTS tests were
working.

I’m still wondering about the HDFS and indexing tests.

Who can help me with those?

Thanks,
Till

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by christina pavlopoulou <cp...@ucr.edu>.
I am not familiar with the HDFS code but I am with indexing. So, could
you tell me which indexing tests fail?

Christina

On 7/8/2018 1:02 PM, Till Westmann wrote:
> Ran those tests as well.
> All of the XQTS tests work fine.
>
> But I do get no results/failures for most of the HDFS and Indexing tests
> when running with the xtest script. I think that the same queries are
> also
> run using VXQueryTest (is that correct?) but those don’t fail.
>
> I currently don’t understand to root cause of the failures (but I also
> don't understand the HDFS/indexing part of the code too well ...).
> Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Till
>
> On 8 Jul 2018, at 10:23, Preston Carman wrote:
>
>> You could also run the XQTS tests. The instructions are outlined on
>> our website [1]. This may require updating the number of passing XQTS
>> tests, but I think this change should leave everything the same.
>>
>> Preston
>> [1]  http://vxquery.apache.org/user_running_tests.html
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 11:22 PM, Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Christina,
>>>
>>> I’ve created one more PR [1] that brings the Hyracks dependency up
>>> to the
>>> latest released version. I think that it would be nice to include
>>> that on
>>> a new release. Could you review the PR?
>>>
>>> Also, I only ran the tests that are part of the maven build.
>>> Are there other things that should be tested before releasing?
>>>
>>> Hope your internship goes well and that you’ll be able to take a look.
>>>
>>> Till
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/apache/vxquery/pull/180

---

Re: Mention for JSONiq support in VXQuery website

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Ran those tests as well.

Posted by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org>.