Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ash G <as...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 20:13:41 UTC

How to use HCatalog with Hive?

I installed Hive 0.11. I believe hcatalog is now part of of it. I do not
see a separate HCAT  command.
How does one use Command line hcat with hive now?

Or do I need to install hcat separately?

Re: How to use HCatalog with Hive?

Posted by Ash G <as...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. I installed hive on mac using Homebrew. May that is the reason I
do not see hcat. I will re-install using binary tarball.

Posted by Sushanth Sowmyan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,