Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Andreja Žitnik <ne...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/05 09:23:53 UTC

Axis vs wsdl4j

Hi!

I was checking the WSDL generated by OFBiz (in Webtools > Services list >
testScv > Show wsdl. It is in document/literal style, but it is not WS-I
compliant because the type definitions are omitted (or, if you prefer,
included in-line with method parameters). I'm no expert, so there might be a
good reason for this. But if there isn't...

I checked where this WSDL was generated: ModelService.toWSDL and
ModelService.getWSDL.
The XML document is practically generated 'by hand'. I realize that this
might be the only way to do it since we don't have a real Java class to work
with. If we did, we could use Axis to generate WSDL in any way we
wanted. Axis seems a better option since WSDL standards for interoperability
are still evolving. If we used Axis there would be no need to maintain the
WSDL-generation code to keep up with developments.

I don't know either Axis or wsdl4j (except for today's research). Do you
think it would be possible to use Axis to generate those WSDLs?

-newdrim