Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org> on 2022/03/24 09:18:20 UTC

Meta replicas in LoadBalance mode broken in 2.4?

Hi HBase folks,

Does anybody actively use meta replicas in production and take advantage of the load balanced feature in 2.4?
We’ve verified it in a test cluster and the ITBLL test is dropping lots of errors.

Client side config:

hbase.locator.meta.replicas.mode = LoadBalance
hbase.meta.replicas.use = true

Server side config:

hbase.meta.replica.count = 3

Error in ITBLL generator run:

22/03/23 17:58:18 INFO mapreduce.Job: Task Id : attempt_1648045371733_0002_m_000002_2, Status : FAILED
Error: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException: Failed 3120 actions: IntegrationTestBigLinkedList: 3120 times, servers with issues: null
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.BufferedMutatorImpl.makeException(BufferedMutatorImpl.java:333)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.BufferedMutatorImpl.doFlush(BufferedMutatorImpl.java:307)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.BufferedMutatorImpl.close(BufferedMutatorImpl.java:235)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.test.IntegrationTestBigLinkedList$Generator$GeneratorMapper.cleanup(IntegrationTestBigLinkedList.java:524)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:799)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:174)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1898)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:168)

Can we say that the feature is broken or I’m missing something.

Thanks,
Andor

Re: Meta replicas in LoadBalance mode broken in 2.4?

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Andor,

    Please keep us updated how itbll goes with the new server side config. Your result will be used a datapoint as well.

   Thanks,
   Huaxiang

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Huaxiang,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Andor

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Huaxiang,

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Works!

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot Huaxiang!
Sorry I didn’t have a chance to follow-up on this today, but hopefully come back to you tomorrow.
Really appreciate your efforts.

Andor

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org>.
I will start to work on it.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> It makes sense to turn on async wal replication when
> hbase.meta.replicas.use = true. Let me run couple rounds of itbll with
> hbase.region.replica.replication.catalog.enabled (lastest 2.4 and 2.5.0
> candidates) to get more confidence before proposing turn on async wal
> replication for meta.

+1

Thanks,

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@apache.org>.