Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ka...@thomson.com on 2006/03/04 00:02:30 UTC

RE: Passing sysproperties from a file

Sorry for the late reply... First of all, you mentioned a set of
properties, so I think you want <loadproperties>, not <property
file=...> - the first will load many properties, the second will load
the contents of the file into one property. If I'm misunderstanding your
situation, ignore the rest of this...

Have you looked at property sets? Perhaps something like this (not
tested):

<loadproperties srcFile="file.props" />
<propertyset id="jeff">
   <propertyref prefix="foo" />
</propertyset>
<java ...>
   <syspropertyset refid="jeff" />
</java>

This assumes that the properties in your file have some common prefix;
if they don't, the manual mentions that you can use a prefix filter
reader. I haven't used these yet, but you can look at the page on
FilterChains & FilterReaders in the manual.

Good luck!

Kajsa