Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Alejandro Bonilla <ab...@suse.com> on 2013/10/04 11:27:15 UTC

stratos installer

Hi,

in setup.sh it looks like we only support adduser

+ read username
stratos
+ [[ stratos != '' ]]
+ host_user=stratos
++ id stratos
id: stratos: No such user
+ user=
+ [[ 1 = 1 ]]
+ echo 'User stratos does not exist. The system will create it.'
User stratos does not exist. The system will create it.
+ adduser --home /home/stratos stratos
tmp.sh: line 8: adduser: command not found

can we add support for useradd and create the user via useradd -m $host_user

also, line 119

user=`id $host_user

makes the script abort

+ read username
stratos
+ [[ stratos != '' ]]
+ host_user=stratos
++ id stratos
id: stratos: No such user
+ user=

strangely, if the code is executed isolated

+ read username
stratos
+ [[ stratos != '' ]]
+ host_user=stratos
++ id stratos
id: stratos: No such user
+ user=
+ [[ 1 = 1 ]]
+ echo 'User stratos does not exist. The system will create it.'
User stratos does not exist. The system will create it.
+ useradd -m stratos

works fine, is the script forcing an abort as it found err?

Thanks!

Re: stratos installer

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Alejandro,

Can you create a JIRA and submit a patch.

We are highly appreciate community contributions.

Thanks

sent from phone