Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Alessio Palma <al...@buongiorno.com> on 2016/10/28 09:55:39 UTC

How I put the cluster down.

Hello all,
yesterday, for a mistake, basically I executed " ls -R / " using the
ListHDFS processor and the whole cluster gone down ( not just a node ).

Something like this also happened when I was playing with some DO WHILE
/ WHILE DO patterns. I have only the nifi logs and they show the
heartbeat has been lost. About the CPU LOAD, NETWORK TRAFFIC I have no
info. Any pointers about where do I have look for the problem's root ?

Today I'm trying to repeat the problems I got with DO/WHILE, nothing bad
is happening although CPU LOAD is enough high and NETWORK  TRAFFIC
increased up to 282 Kb/sec.

Of course I can redo the "ls -R /" on production, however I like to
avoid it since there are already some ingestion flows running.

AP

Re: How I put the cluster down.

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'd suggest couple things. Have you configured backpressure controls on
connections? NiFi 1.0.0 adds 10000evt/1GB by default IIRC. This can help
avoid overwhelming components in a flow.

Next, the 2 core CPU is really inadequate for high throughput system, see
if you can get something better. It seems there's a lot going on in your
cluster. A full NiFi node with many flows does a lot of housekeeping in the
background, needs some power.

Andrew

Re: How I put the cluster down.

Posted by Alessio Palma <al...@buongiorno.com>.