Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Mark Fraser <ma...@mark100.net> on 2010/05/19 23:13:44 UTC

Building dataview jar for use with Cayenne 3.0 (or...is ANYONE using dataviews in 3.0?)

I am trying to migrate a Cayenne 2.0.4 project that is a swing-based desktop
application that heavily uses data views.  The reason I have not migrated
previously is that previous attempts have failed due to a myriad of problems
created in large part due to the removal of dataviews from the main
project.  I am trying again (one last time) and am having a problem right
from the start that I need help with.

I figured the first thing I need to do is make sure I can build the dataview
jar as explained here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/dataviews/trunk/README.txt

When I check out the code and run 'mvn clean install' I immediately get the
following error:

---------------
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.cayenne.dataview:dataview-parent:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.cayenne:cayenne-parent for project:
org.apache.cayenne.dataview:dataview-parent:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT for project
org.apache.cayenne.dataview:dataview-parent:pom:3.0-SNAPSHOT
---------------

I then tried compiling the main cayenne trunk and this successfully compiled
and added to my maven repository...but the same error occurred when I went
back and tried compiling the dataview project again.

I am not thoroughly familiar with Maven so I'm not sure if the problem is
with my setup or with the pom.xml or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Building dataview jar for use with Cayenne 3.0 (or...is ANYONE using dataviews in 3.0?)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On May 21, 2010, at 1:57 AM, Mark Fraser wrote:

> Just a suggestion that the readme should point out (under "BUILDING
> DATAVIEWS") that building the cayenne main source has to be done
> before
> building the dataview jar (maybe obvious to some but not everyone).

Actually this is not needed. Now the POM dependency is configured to
be v. 3.0, so this is automatically downloaded by maven from the
public repo.

Andrus

Re: Building dataview jar for use with Cayenne 3.0 (or...is ANYONE using dataviews in 3.0?)

Posted by Mark Fraser <ma...@mark100.net>.

> Just committed changes to the POM files to make sure DV is using Cayenne
> 3.0-final, and a few more. Here is a

Thank you Andrus.  This got the dataview jar to build and will get me to the
next step.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Just committed changes to the POM files to make sure DV is using
Cayenne 3.0-final, and a few more. Here is a commit comment:

* Jira has moved
* making POM independent from Cayenne POM
* setting Cayenne version at 3.0
* switching Java compiler settings to 1.5

Hope this will get you going.

Cheers,
Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.