Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Kudumula, Surender" <su...@hpe.com> on 2015/11/17 12:47:16 UTC

issue with javaapi consumer

Hi all
Iam currently using kafka 0.8.2.1 consumer which has kafka java api consumer but I had to upgrade to kafka 0.8.2.3 and when I add the jars for kafka 0.8.2.3 my consumer code doesn't compile.
consumerConnector = ConsumerConfig
                                                                     .createJavaConsumerConnector(consumerConfig);

Do I have to rewrite the whole consumer to use the new jar. Whats the best way forward please?

Regards

Surender Kudumula

Re: issue with javaapi consumer

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com>.
Are you sure you mean 0.8.2.3? The latest version available is 0.8.2.2, and
it is completely compatible.
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.kafka%22%20a%3A%22kafka_2.10%22

If you still have an issue, what error are you seeing?

Thanks,
Grant

--
Grant Henke