Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/27 18:49:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Packaging Apache httpd 2.2.x

Hi,

I am looking to compile httpd for a specific target directory structure that
I do not have acccess to.
So I cannot use --prefix=/target/dir
If I set --prefix=/build/dir then all the configuration files in conf have
the wrong directory instead of the proper /target/dir.

Are there some additional configure or make install options ?

For example, with opensssl there is a concept of building openssl in one
directory and target another installation directory, e.g.

./config shared --prefix=/soft/openssl/0.9.8h
   . . .
make INSTALL_PREFIX=/var/tmp/build install

this will install openssl into /var/tmp/build but all the
dependencies/links/configuration are made for a deployment in
/soft/openssl/0.9.8h

In advance, many thanks for any tips,hints
Rgds - Fred

Re: [users@httpd] Packaging Apache httpd 2.2.x

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
fredk2 wrote:
> Thanks Bill,
>
> I looked again at configure (autoconf script?) and I saw additional make
> install options so i did:
>
> configure --prefix=/target/dir .....
> make
> make install exec_prefix=/build/dir prefix=/build/dir
>
> It almost worked except for two subdirectories:
>
> /target/dir
>    include   <--  apr*h  apu*h and expat.h
>    lib         <-- only libexpat* related .so
>
> and conf/* had the the build path.
>
> it does not look like that there is a simple option(s).  I think that more
> effort than changing a main option for configure or add a 'sed' is not a
> good thing to do.  We do not want to mess with a process that so many
> brilliant people have worked out over the years :-)
>
> Thanks again - Fred

No trouble - you probably also wanted to redirect prefix=/foo in addition
to the exec_prefix= - they aren't connected.

Re: [users@httpd] Packaging Apache httpd 2.2.x

Posted by fredk2 <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bill,

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.