Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> on 2008/08/22 05:26:44 UTC

Crucible

As part of the new Fisheye implementation for Cayenne [1] Atlassian
have deployed Crucible. This is a code review system which we use at
ish from time to time and it works really well. Basically a way to
make comments in any committed code and share the review process.

It may well be unsuitable for Cayenne since it takes part of the
development process off the Apache mailing lists and into another tool
(even though it it open to anyone to view). But I thought I'd raise
the idea here. Basically, we don't have to use it, but it has been
offered to us if we want. If you want to try it, just create a login
on the site.

In my opinion it provides a tool which is very useful and in many ways
nicer than lots of TODOs through the code, but it has a very specific
use which may not work for us. I see some other Apache projects have
played with it [2]

Ari Maniatis

[1] http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/cayenne
[2] http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/cru/?filter=allReviews

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: Crucible

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
Possibly you need to create an account on the server. You can do that
easily from the login screen.

The main way communications can be combined is that Crucible can be
set up to email comments to a mailing list, just in the same way Jira
does. So let's see if it proves useful on some occasion, and if so,
we'll see how it works for us.

Ari

Re: Crucible

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.