Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by sidharth kumar <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/01 17:38:15 UTC

Local read-only users in ambari

Hi Team,

I am trying to create readonly user in ambari. I created a group provide the permission as cluster user but when i try to create folder or create or drop table in hive it is executing it and operations are performed. In one of the blog i read we should install ambari-server in remote server and register cluster as remote cluster and set hive views but still i have the same problem. Kindly help to resolve this.

Warm Regards

Sidharth Kumar | Mob: +91 8197 555 599
LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/in/sidharthkumar2792<http://:www.linkedin.com/in/sidharthkumar2792>

Re: Local read-only users in ambari

Posted by Grant Overby <gr...@gmail.com>.
Sentry can provide restriction on Hive:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/Sentry+Tutorial

HDFS follows the POSIX model for permissions.
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsPermissionsGuide.html