Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gary Browne <G....@library.usyd.edu.au> on 2008/08/26 07:45:22 UTC

Encrypting PDF files

Hi all

I'm trying to use the FOP serialiser to encrypt PDFs with no success.
Well, the PDFs I can generate, but they aren't encrypted, neither can I
see anything about it in the logs.

I've installed a JDK 1.5 version of bouncy castle's provider and added
it to my CLASSPATH (the jar I've put at $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext as
suggested in the docs). I've added:

security.provider.<n>=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider

to my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security file (n=7 in my case).

I've also added the <renderer-config> parameters to my fo2pdf serializer
component in cocoon's top-level sitemap for testing purposes, as
outlined at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html.

I'm running cocoon v2.1.10 under tomcat 5.5.25 on RHEL5.

As I said, the PDF files are generated from my XML but no encryption is
taking place. Any assistance is appreciated.

Kind regards
Gary

Gary Browne
Development Programmer