Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org> on 2005/10/12 02:52:08 UTC

Update docs to Forrest 0.7, add ant target to start forrest webApp

Hi all,

I updated docs to Forrest 0.7. Please update the environment settings,
they changed between 0.6 and 0.7!!
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#Setting+up+the+Environment

There are two problems with new version:
- The "whole site as html" link cause a failure. As workaround I removed
that link. The "whole site as pdf" works.
- In all generated pdf files the source-code sections are corrupted
(black colored font on dark blue background, instead of light gray
background). Think this is a bug in Forrest (in 0.6 it's correct).

To use a Forrest plugin which generates a .html summary of a .dtd the
build file have to copy OJB's repository.dtd into the Forrest
installation directory (the plugin only handle resources found in a
specific forrest directory, AFAIK this will be fixed in next Forrest
version). Make sure that the ant task has 'write rights' in Forrest
installation directory.

Additionally I add two new ant targets to assist developer write
documentation:

- dev-doc-forrest
Starts the Forrest webApp (on http://localhost:8888/) which renders
forrest xml-files on demand.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/your-project.html#forrest_run

- dev-doc-sync
Copy all changed documentation xml-files from OJB's doc source directory
to forrests working directory

The combination of these targets make writing of documents much more easier:
- start forrest webApp using 'dev-doc-forrest'
- Write/change a single documentation file in CVS
- run 'dev-doc-sync'
- Refresh your browser
So it's no longer needed to generate the whole documentation to inspect
the changes of a single file.

regards,
Armin