Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Filip Janus <fj...@redhat.com> on 2019/12/02 12:58:57 UTC

Berkeley DB

Hello,
I am package maintainer for Fedora and RHEL. I found out,  Your application
can be built with multiple databases(Berkeley DB , SQLite, GDBM,...). I
would like to ask if there can occur some problems with compatibility after
change(upgrade) this database from Berkeley DB to another?

Thanks
Best regards
Filip Januš

Re: Berkeley DB

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 02.12.2019 13:58, Filip Janus wrote:
> Hello,
> I am package maintainer for Fedora and RHEL. I found out,  Your
> application can be built with multiple databases(Berkeley DB , SQLite,
> GDBM,...). I would like to ask if there can occur some problems with
> compatibility after change(upgrade) this database from Berkeley DB to
> another?

You should really read the BerkeleyDB documentation about that. In
short, there's a method to upgrade Berkeley DB databases.

If you're talking about the APIs -- again, the Berkeley DB documentation
should have something to say about API compatibility.

-- Brane