Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/05/30 22:51:07 UTC

How to locate message number?

The Subversion users-group WELCOME message includes the following:

"To receive all messages with the same subject as message 12345,
send an empty message to:
    <us...@subversion.tigris.org>"

How do I locate the number for a specific message?  I thought I had
but the results were for a different message.

Thanks!

Re: How to locate message number?

Posted by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Thanks Julian -- unfortunately it doesn't appear in the header in my
email tool.

Thanks,
Jen

Posted by Julian Phillips <ju...@quantumfyre.co.uk>.

Posted by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
At 5/30/2006 04:47 PM, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>
>     Jennifer> How do I locate the number for a specific message?  I
>     Jennifer> thought I had but the results were for a different
>     Jennifer> message.
>
>I don't know exactly, but this might point you in the right direction:
>I think _your_ message is number 49374.  Take a look at
>

>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.user/49374
>
>If you can stumble upon the message you're interested in gmane, you
>can extract the number from its URL.  But in that case, since gmane
>organizes messages by subject, you probably won't need the number --
>the related messages will be right next to it.

Thank you Eric, I found it.

Jen

Re: How to locate message number?

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.

    Jennifer> How do I locate the number for a specific message?  I
    Jennifer> thought I had but the results were for a different
    Jennifer> message.

I don't know exactly, but this might point you in the right direction:
I think _your_ message is number 49374.  Take a look at

        http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.user/49374

If you can stumble upon the message you're interested in gmane, you
can extract the number from its URL.  But in that case, since gmane
organizes messages by subject, you probably won't need the number --
the related messages will be right next to it.

--
Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid
thinking.  There is an almost universal quest for easy answers