Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ntsrikanth <nt...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/21 16:58:10 UTC

Selective values for facets

Hi,

 The dataset I have got is for special offers.
We got lot of offer codes. But I need to create few facets for specific
conditions only.

For example, I got the following codes: ABCD, AGTR, KUYH, NEWY, NEWA, NEWB,
EAS1, EAS2

And I need to create a facet like
'New Year Offers' mapped with NEWA, NEWB, NEWY and
'Easter Offers' mapped with EAS1, EAS2

I dont want other codes returned in the facet when I query it. How to
prevent other values to be ignored while creating the facet during indexing
time?

Thanks,
Srikanth NT

Re: Selective values for facets

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You don't do anything special for facet at index time unless you, say,
wanted to remove some value from the facet field, but then it would
NEVER be available. So if you're saying that at index time you have
certain documents 'New Year's Offers' that ONLY EVER want to
map to NEWA, NEWB, NEWY, you could just take care of that at
index time (don't index those values for that document).

Assuming that it isn't that deterministic, have you looked at facet queries?

Best
Erick