Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2006/10/29 19:36:51 UTC

Urldnsbl False?

Why are you exempting xmr3 from the uri blacklist?

 egrep 'messagereach|xmr3' *
25_uribl.cf:uridnsbl_skip_domain xmr3.com yahoo.ca yahoo.co.kr
yahoo.co.uk

If they allow their clients to send spam, I would want the blacklists to
check against them:
You will receive one additional e-mail message confirming your removal.
=
 <http://pull.xmr3.com/p/CG-1135983-27489238-2-233963-US1-E16F/0/>=20

I really have a big PROBLEM with DOUBLE CONFIRMED OPT-OUT. Why we have
to opt out TWICE, when we never opted in even ONCE?

(I also noticed that for some reason, spamcop can't, or won't even file
a spam report with xmr3/messagelabs.)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
561-999-5000, ext 1131

Re: Urldnsbl False?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Sunday, October 29, 2006, 10:50:17 PM, Theo Dinter wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 01:36:51PM -0500, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>> Why are you exempting xmr3 from the uri blacklist?
>>  egrep 'messagereach|xmr3' *
>> 25_uribl.cf:uridnsbl_skip_domain xmr3.com yahoo.ca yahoo.co.kr
>> yahoo.co.uk

> FWIW, the default listing was generated by the SURBL folks from their
> top queried whitelisted domains.

Yes, Theo is right.  xmr3.com is on the exclusion list from us
along with yahoo.com, google.com, etc., via the SpamAssassin
command uridnsbl_skip_domain . The reason is that the domain
appears in lots of hams, so it can't be blacklisted and shouldn't
be checked by urirhsbl.  You can create your own SpamAssassin rule
to check for it if you'd like to exclude mentions of the domain
from your mail systems.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Urldnsbl False?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 01:36:51PM -0500, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> Why are you exempting xmr3 from the uri blacklist?
>  egrep 'messagereach|xmr3' *
> 25_uribl.cf:uridnsbl_skip_domain xmr3.com yahoo.ca yahoo.co.kr
> yahoo.co.uk

FWIW, the default listing was generated by the SURBL folks from their
top queried whitelisted domains.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
Removing the straw that broke the camel's back does not necessarily