Posted to users@camel.apache.org by John Smith <js...@googlemail.com> on 2017/11/27 21:02:52 UTC

HazelcastComponent deprecated in 2.20

Hello there, I'm using the HazelcastComponent in one of my projects where I
configure a hazelcast instance in blueprint and inject that bean into my
routebuilder where I use code such as:

HazelcastComponent hc = new HazelcastComponent();
    hc.setHazelcastInstance(hazelcastInstance);
    getContext().addComponent("my-hc", hc);

I notice that in 2.20 HazelcastComponent has become deprecated but I cannot
find anything to explain why in the 2.20 release notes.

Can anybody help me out with an explanation please ?

many thanks,
John.

Re: HazelcastComponent deprecated in 2.20

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The hazelcast component has been divided into specialized components
so you can find a component for map, list, topic etc, and use that
component.
This is sometimes needed if a component otherwise becomes too generic.
for example we have done the same with the twitter component.

--
Claus Ibsen