Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/03/01 05:46:19 UTC

[jstl] sql result

Is there a better way to get an element out of a result from an
sql:query than:

<c:out value="${result.rowsByIndex[0][0]}"/>

The only examples I've come across use forEach, which is not what I want
to go near when I expect only one row back from the query.

What I'd like to use is:

<c:out value=${result.column1}"/>

but this obviously has issues with the namespace of the result object, so
how about just having a getColumns() method which returns a sorted-map
from the Result.

[By sorted-map I mean something which can be addressed as [0] or
['column1'] or result.columns.column1, though I suspect this isn't quite
in the spec. ]

Hen

Re: [jstl] sql result

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.