Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/19 02:10:49 UTC

Seattle / NW Hadoop, Lucene, Apache "Cloud Stack" Meetup, Wed Oct 28 6:45pm

Greetings,

(You're receiving this e-mail because you're on a DL or I think you'd
be interested)

It's time for another Hadoop/Lucene/Apache "Cloud" stack meetup! This
month it'll be on Wednesday, the 28th, at 6:45 pm.

A *huge* thanks for everyone who showed up last month, and to Facebook
for sending someone awesome to speak about Hive. We learned quite a
bit!

For October, we will have someone speaking about Cascading, and how it
helps workflow abstraction with MapReduce. Very useful stuff to know.

We've had great attendance in the past few months, let's keep it up!
I'm always amazed by the things I learn from everyone.

We're at the University of Washington, Allen Computer Science Center
(not Electrical Engineering)

Map: http://www.washington.edu/home/maps/?CSE

Room: 303 -or- the Entry level. If there are changes, signs will be posted.

More Info:

The meetup is about 2 hours (and there's usually food): we'll have two
in-depth talks, and then several "lightning talks" of 5 minutes. We'll
then have discussion and 'social time'. Let me know if you're
interested in speaking or attending. We'd like to focus on education,
so feel free to ask questions.

Contact: Bradford Stephens, 904-415-3009, bradfordstephens@gmail.com

--
http://www.drawntoscaleconsulting.com - Scalability, Hadoop, HBase,
and Distributed Lucene Consulting

http://www.roadtofailure.com -- The Fringes of Scalability, Social
Media, and Computer Science

Re: Seattle / NW Hadoop, Lucene, Apache "Cloud Stack" Meetup, Wed Oct 28 6:45pm

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys! Don't forget this is tomorrow (Wednesday). See you there!

Cheers,
Bradford

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Bradford Stephens

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.