Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kenneth Westelinck <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/07 13:55:18 UTC

Exploded war folder becomes corrupt

Dear list,

I have an application (ApplicationA) running on Tomcat 6.0.16. Occasionally,
when Tomcat is restarted, the contents of the folder where the exploded war
resides becomes corrupt. I.e. jars that can be found underneath
<tomcat>/webapps/ProjectA/WEB-INF/lib are removed, resulting in numerous
ClassNotFoundExceptions.
Deleting the exploded war folder and restarting Tomcat resolves this issue
... but this is not an ideal situation of course. This error ocurs on my
client's machine. I was not able to reproduce this on our local development
machine. The client's machine is running Windows XP, SP3, no virusscanner.
Is there anyone else on the list that has seen this behaviour?

Many thanks in advance.

regards,

Kenneth

Re: Exploded war folder becomes corrupt

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> I have added following attribues to |META-INF/context.xml and it helped:
>
> ||unpackWAR="false" ||antiJARLocking="true" ||antiResourceLocking="true"

Sorry for some strange characters, correct line is:

unpackWAR="false" antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true"

Please read http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

Re: Exploded war folder becomes corrupt

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Kenneth Westelinck wrote:
> Deleting the exploded war folder and restarting Tomcat resolves this issue
> ... but this is not an ideal situation of course. This error ocurs on my
> client's machine. I was not able to reproduce this on our local development
> machine. The client's machine is running Windows XP, SP3, no virusscanner.
> Is there anyone else on the list that has seen this behaviour?

Windows OS uses different file locking (it applies to jar files)
mechanism that e.g. Linux. Sometimes it makes problems with
undeploying/removing application.

I had once similiar case. Struts/hibernate application, there're many
notes, that due to some reasons Tomcat is unable to completely undeploy
such application. Result is that it's impossible to completely remove
application's folder. I have added following attribues to