Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Wilson <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/02 22:13:50 UTC

Persistence Store and sun.misc.UNSAFE

Hi,

The link here, https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/durable-memory,
states that when persistence feature is enabled all data and indexes are
stored off-heap.

To verify, I ran
org.apache.ignite.examples.persistence.PersistenceStoreExample on Intellij
and followed the code path and it looks like every addData operation is
updating some on-heap buffer.

My question:

1. When we do streamer.addData or cache.put operation, do the key-value get
stored immediately on off-heap data page managed by the virtual memory?
2. My assumption is every off-heap read/write would use sun.misc.UNSAFE.
But I don't see streamer.addData hitting the classes that use
un.misc.unsafe.putXYZ.

Thanks,
Sami

Re: Persistence Store and sun.misc.UNSAFE

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
John,

There are multiple places I believe. You can check PageMemory interface and
its implementations, for example.

-Val

Re: Persistence Store and sun.misc.UNSAFE

Posted by John Wilson <sa...@gmail.com>.
I have both the server and client in debug mode and none of my break points
were hit. Which Java classes and methods (running on the server node) do
the actual off-heap store operations they get from clients?

Thanks,