Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bertrand DUMAS-PILHOU <bd...@eurocortex.fr> on 2009/04/23 21:44:27 UTC

modify SOLR scoring

Hi everybody,

I'm using SOLR with a schema (for example) like this:
parutiondate, date, indexed, not stored
fulltext, stemmed, indexed, not stored

I know it's possible to order by a field or more, but I want to order by
score and modify the "scrore"" formula.
I'll want keep the SOLR score but add a new parameter in the formula to
boost the score of the most recent document.

What is the best way to do this ?

Thanks.

Excuse for my english.

Re: modify SOLR scoring

Posted by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com>.
Hi.

I am interested in a very similar topic like yours. I want to modify the
field named "score" and the document boost but not reindex the all fields
since it would take to much power.

Please let me know if you find a solution to this.

Kindly

//Marcus

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Ensdorf Ken <En...@zoominfo.com> wrote:

> I believe you can use a function query to do this:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery
>
> if you embed the following in your query, you should get a boost for more
> recent date values:
>
> _val_:"ord(dateField)"
>
> Where "dateField" is the field name of the date you want to use.

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/
http://blogg.tailsweep.com/