Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 10:46:24 UTC

apache karaf 3.0.0 ( with jetty container ) GC pauses...

Hello,

  I have a application running with *apache karaf 3.0.0* (with *jetty *
container).
I wanted to run the some performance tests. So started to check the *memory
*and *CPU without *running any tests.

While profiling noticed that, memory usage goes up and comes down every
hour.

Basically *GC pauses* happening every *hour*.

Is it a default behavior? Can we change? If yes, please let me know how to
change.

*Please find the attached image for your reference.*

Thank you.

Re: apache karaf 3.0.0 ( with jetty container ) GC pauses...

Posted by Dmitry Konstantinov <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The additional reason why you can see periodic (hourly) full GCs is RMI
distributed GC mechanism. Please take a look at
*sun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval, **sun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval*  parameters
in
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/rmi/sunrmiproperties.html

If you are worrying about memory allocations itself, not about the periodic
GCs - there are some background activities in Karaf, like File Admin
directory watcher, which allocate small amount of memory continuously and
it is normal behavior.

Regards
Dmitry Konstantinov

--
Dmitry Konstantinov

Re: apache karaf 3.0.0 ( with jetty container ) GC pauses...

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: apache karaf 3.0.0 ( with jetty container ) GC pauses...

Posted by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No, CMS is the default.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: apache karaf 3.0.0 ( with jetty container ) GC pauses...

Posted by Srikanth Hugar <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--