Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com> on 2013/11/01 15:32:45 UTC

CitrixResourceBase execute(StartCommand) only works with ISCSI managed storage

It looks like some changes made in 858ce766659101eb731c83c806892dd5d9baa976 prohibit any managed storage pool other than ISCSI from starting a VM. It looks like you’ assuming that if the storage pool is managed then we should use getIscsiSR() to get the xen SR, which isn’t the case.

I also believe I see this same issue in:
-XenServerStorageProcessor.attachVolume()
-VmwareStorageProcessor.attachVolume()
-VmwareResource.inferDatastoreDetailsFromDiskInfo()

although those may not be the only places.

Can you please update/fix this? Or, can a committer please revert these changes until a fix is available.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Suich
chris.suich@netapp.com

Re: CitrixResourceBase execute(StartCommand) only works with ISCSI managed storage

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
No problem :)

Talk to you later

Posted by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com>.

chris.suich@netapp.com<ma...@netapp.com>

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM, SuichII, Christopher <Ch...@netapp.com>> wrote:
[...]

Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com<ma...@solidfire.com>
o: 303.746.7302<tel:303.746.7302>

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.