Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2007/09/16 21:23:39 UTC

Deleting SNAPSHOTs from maven-snapshot-repository

Hi

Do we have a policy for/against deleting SNAPSHOTs from the Apache
maven-snapshot-repository?

In particular I would like to delete the 2.0-SNAPSHOT version of
maven-site-plugin, as that is no longer the latest version. The latest
version is now 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT, due to changes in the release schedule.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Deleting SNAPSHOTs from maven-snapshot-repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 9/16/07, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:

> Do we have a policy for/against deleting SNAPSHOTs from the Apache
> maven-snapshot-repository?
>
> In particular I would like to delete the 2.0-SNAPSHOT version of
> maven-site-plugin, as that is no longer the latest version. The latest
> version is now 2.0-beta-6-SNAPSHOT, due to changes in the release schedule.

Do we have a tool or script that can fix the metadata when snapshots are purged?

(I think Archiva just got that feature, might be some code in there to help...)

--
Wendy