Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/03/11 14:54:11 UTC

[VOTE] cocoon.apache.org URLs (Re: are we ready to move to cocoon.apache.org?)

(changing the topic so people notice its a vote)

If I understand correctly, the proposed URL structure is:

http://cocoon.apache.org/v1.x/
http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0/
http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.1/
http://cocoon.apache.org/ ->
   http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0 (whatever's the current version)

+1, looks nice.

(mild preference for leaving out the '.x' in '1.x')

--Jeff

[leaving original email in for context]

Re: [VOTE] cocoon.apache.org URLs (Re: are we ready to move to cocoon.apache.org?)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

>(changing the topic so people notice its a vote)
>
>If I understand correctly, the proposed URL structure is:
>
>http://cocoon.apache.org/v1.x/
>http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0/
>http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.1/
>http://cocoon.apache.org/ ->
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0 (whatever's the current version)
>
>+1, looks nice.

+1

Vadim

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> So when Lenya ever exits from the (DOA) incubator, where should it be
                 ^^^^                ^^^^^

Sorry about these nasty remarks - I should remember to live up to my own
mail guidelines posted only hours ago.

Duh. My bad.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE] cocoon.apache.org URLs (Re: are we ready to move to cocoon.apache.org?)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>> Since we are a top level project, we are going to provide (url-) space
>>> for subprojects.
>>

>> Hmmm, that would be against the indications of the ASF that wants
>> each PMC to control one and only one codebase, just like HTTPD has
>> always done and works very well.
>>
>>> So, we should add a "cocoon/" or something else
>>> ("base", "core", "whatever") e.g. cocoon.apache.org/cocoon/v2.1
>>>
>>> Apart from that, go ahead +1
>>

>> I would be slightly -0.5 on this.... for affiliated projects the
>> incubator is the place to be.
>

> So when Lenya ever exits from the (DOA) incubator, where should it be
> hosted then?

yeah, what about http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/ ?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [VOTE] cocoon.apache.org URLs (Re: are we ready to move to cocoon.apache.org?)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Christian Haul wrote:
> On 12.Mar.2003 -- 12:54 AM, Jeff Turner wrote:
>
>>(changing the topic so people notice its a vote)
>>
>>If I understand correctly, the proposed URL structure is:
>>
>>http://cocoon.apache.org/v1.x/
>>http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0/
>>http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.1/
>>http://cocoon.apache.org/ ->
>>   http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0 (whatever's the current version)
>

> Since we are a top level project, we are going to provide (url-) space
> for subprojects.

Hmmm, that would be against the indications of the ASF that wants each
PMC to control one and only one codebase, just like HTTPD has always
done and works very well.

> So, we should add a "cocoon/" or something else
> ("base", "core", "whatever") e.g. cocoon.apache.org/cocoon/v2.1
>
> Apart from that, go ahead +1

I would be slightly -0.5 on this.... for affiliated projects the
incubator is the place to be.

What do others thing?

Re: [VOTE] cocoon.apache.org URLs (Re: are we ready to move to cocoon.apache.org?)

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 12.Mar.2003 -- 12:54 AM, Jeff Turner wrote:
> (changing the topic so people notice its a vote)
>
> If I understand correctly, the proposed URL structure is:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/v1.x/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.1/
> http://cocoon.apache.org/ ->
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/v2.0 (whatever's the current version)

Since we are a top level project, we are going to provide (url-) space
for subprojects. So, we should add a "cocoon/" or something else
("base", "core", "whatever") e.g. cocoon.apache.org/cocoon/v2.1

Apart from that, go ahead +1

> (mild preference for leaving out the '.x' in '1.x')

Dito.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l