Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Yates <jy...@dataservice.org> on 2002/06/03 17:38:17 UTC

failover supprot through mod_proxy?

I have one Apache and two IIS servers, probably expanding to three IIS
servers.  I need to do some load balancing between the two IIS servers.
I was hoping I could use mod_proxy on the one apache server, to do this.

	----------
	| Apache |
	----------

           / \
    -------  -------
    | IIS |  | IIS |
    -------  -------

I don't know off anyway to do failover support for the IIS servers.  Say
one goes down, which happens more then I should admit, the other will
get all the requests.

I thought mod_proxy, in apache 2.0, would support failover.  Maybe I'm
wrong.  Has anyone done this type of thing before?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Jason

Re: failover supprot through mod_proxy?

Posted by Jason Yates <jy...@dataservice.org>.
Interesting read, but I need failover support more than anything.  The
article suggested using some scripting and restarting the process if a
server goes down.  Anyone have any example script?

I also noticed Apache::Gateway using mod_perl can actually give failover
support.  Has anyone done this before?

-Jason

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.