Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@apache.org> on 2012/01/02 19:24:21 UTC

[validator] Commons Validator 1.4.0 release

Hi Devs,

We are using Common Validator in Apache Rave project and faced issue
related to validation of localhost URL's. Using 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT version i am
able to fix the problem but we cant release with Snapshot version jar. What
is the plan to Release 1.4.0 version?

Thanks
Raminder

Re: [validator] Commons Validator 1.4.0 release

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nick and Simone for the help. I can help to verify the build when
its ready. Please let me know if i can help elsewhere.

Raminder

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> any reason why this release has to be a beta1? With all that fixed
> issues, I would expect a GA release... WDYT?

I think it's fine to be a GA release. Back when I first tried to do the
release, the plan was to do a beta first as there were quite a few changes
that were a bit new. However, that was a few months ago, and lots of
people have tried with snapshots and found it fine. So, I think a GA
release now should be fine to go for

On the Nexus access, I'm told that it normally takes a few days for the
two volunteers who look after Nexus to make that sort of change. (It isn't
done by the main infra crew). If they don't get to it by the end of the
week though, I know the avail IDs of the relevent people to poke / bribe
with beer!

Nick

Re: [validator] Commons Validator 1.4.0 release

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi again Nick,

any reason why this release has to be a beta1? With all that fixed
issues, I would expect a GA release... WDYT?

TIA,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi again Nick!

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick!

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick,
I did some work on [validator] for the release but did not get through
the issues since I'm not so familiar to [validator] so much... if you
could have a look at them, I can continue providing my help.
Thanks,

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Nick,