Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kl...@inventivedesigners.com on 2000/10/20 12:24:08 UTC

Jdk1.1.x

I noticed on the website (section "running FOP') that jdk1.1.X is required.
However, I enounter some problems because the java.utils.Vector.add()
method is used.

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/util/Vector.html is the
1.2 API documentation of vector and
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/api/java.util.Vector.html the 1.1
version

That's all,

Greetings,
 Klaas

Re: Jdk1.1.x

Posted by Cedric Berger <ce...@berger.to>.
With Java2 available now on all major platforms (MacOSX in beta, Linux has
1.3 FCS, and FreeBSD has 1.2.2 in beta) why bother with 1.1 and all its
limitations?
Furthermore, the latest specs for JSP/Servlets (= Tomcat 4.0) *requires*
Java2...

Cedric

Re: Jdk1.1.x

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 12:24 PM 10/20/00 +0200, Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com wrote:
>I noticed on the website (section "running FOP') that jdk1.1.X is required.
>However, I enounter some problems because the java.utils.Vector.add()
>method is used.
>
>http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/util/Vector.html is the
>1.2 API documentation of vector and
>http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/api/java.util.Vector.html the 1.1
>version
>
>That's all,
>
>Greetings,
> Klaas

Hi, Klaas

This whole thing of FOP support for JDK 1.1.x needs to be revisited. I can
only speak for myself on this one, but I believe that we (FOP dev team)
still want FOP to run on a JDK 1.1.x machine, albeit maybe without a few
gizmos and advanced features.

Certainly stuff like what you mention can be cleaned up right away. I'll try
to keep it in mind.

Incidentally, if anyone who works on a JDK 1.1.x platform ever compiles and
builds a useful 1.1.x compatible FOP jar, please let me know. I'll put it up
in downloads on CVS. Thanks.

Arved Sandstrom

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"