Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/03 01:08:19 UTC

[patch] Speed up Tomcat shutdown during test runs

Hi!

The patch:
http://people.apache.org/~kkolinko/patches/2011-11-03_tc8_fastShutdown.patch

It saves 1 second for each Tomcat shutdown during tests,
by skipping a sleep in AbstractEndpoint.pause().

I think it is worth doing, but maybe there are other comments?

All tests for one connector run about 11,5 minutes for me with this patch.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [patch] Speed up Tomcat shutdown during test runs

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/3 Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>:
> Hi!
>
> The patch:
> http://people.apache.org/~kkolinko/patches/2011-11-03_tc8_fastShutdown.patch
>
> It saves 1 second for each Tomcat shutdown during tests,
> by skipping a sleep in AbstractEndpoint.pause().
>
> I think it is worth doing, but maybe there are other comments?
>

> All tests for one connector run about 11,5 minutes for me with this patch.

Applied in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1197158

The buildbot results with testing (bio+nio)
before:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/tomcat-trunk/builds/2454/steps/compile_1
28 mins, 43 secs

after the patch: