Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by aordin <ao...@disid.com> on 2006/11/15 10:04:38 UTC

How can I show pictures like a menu?

Hello world!

  How can I show pictures like a menu? Now, I can show one menu (pages
menu for example) like a list of words, but I want to show some nice
boxes with the names of the pages inside(only one box for each page, not
one box for all), not only the name with plain text.
The pictures may be one box or any other thing(a picture of one home,
one bit car ...).
Do you understand me? :-[

   I see the guide of declarative menus:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-menus-declarative-psml.html

but I think it isn't the right thing to me.

   Thank you!!! ;-)

--

Adolfo Ordiñana
DiSiD S.L.L.

Re: How can I show pictures like a menu?

Posted by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com>.
hi,

I had made a velocity portlet which acts as a left navigation menu. i
read the pages defined in the folder's folder.metadata and wrote a for
loop to iterate through the list of pages. maybe you can set the image
path for each page element in the folder.metadata file and read them
as well? or can't you append it to the page name and then parse it,
say before the separator comes the page name and then the path to the
image?

elif

Posted by aordin <ao...@disid.com>.
Thank you Enrique but I don't know how I can make it with this macros.
I think this thing may be easy because a lot of menus of some webs it's
build with icons or pictures, not in plain text. But I can't see how i
can build one menu with icons or pictures.
Can anybody help me? :'(

Thanks!!

Posted by Enrique Perez <pe...@dit.upm.es>.
Hi Adolfo,