Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by HeoGwangNam <ke...@okjsp.pe.kr> on 2001/08/24 03:42:56 UTC

[security] apache exposes web.xml, *.java, *.class

I use mod_jk.so to join apache 1.3.20 and tomcat 3.2.3 on Solaris 5.7
and make DocumentRoot of httpd.conf indicate the Root of Tomcat

after that

The browser request of http://www.blar....com/WEB-INF/web.xml appears.
even more
http://www.blar....com/WEB-INF/classes/ok/Fn.java ,
http://www.blar....com/WEB-INF/classes/ok/Fn.class
source appears and class is downloadable.

It's serious problem.

what's wrong with my setup.
How can I solve this problem.

Please.
when I use tomcat stand-alone, there is no problem similar to these.

RE: [security] apache exposes web.xml, *.java, *.class

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Simple... instruct Apache not to serve any directory with "WEB-INF" in the
path.  See the Apache docs at http://httpd.apache.org/.

Good luck! =)

- r