Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de> on 2014/10/30 11:22:58 UTC

Felix Configuration Service and required fields

Hi.
I'm using Felix 4.2.1 with a bundle, that offers a configuration using the configuration service offered by Felix.
For this, I've created a metatype.xml with a field like this:

--cut here--
<metatype:MetaData xmlns:metatype="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0 http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0/metatype.xsd" localization="OSGI-INF/metatype/metatype">
        <AD id="company.username" type="String" default="Administrator" name="%company.username.name" description="%company.username.description" required="true"/>
--cut here--

Basically the configuration works, but the required field isn't checked. If I leave it empty, it simply saves the configuration without any complain.
When I reopen the configuration, the field is blank. Is that expected behavior?
Also I'm wondering, if max/min attributes aren't checked either?

Thanks
Veit

Re: Felix Configuration Service and required fields

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <ja...@luminis.eu>.

On 29/11/14 09:11, Veit Guna wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> On 30. Oktober 2014 11:22:58 MEZ, Veit Guna <Ve...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi. I'm using Felix 4.2.1 with a bundle, that offers a
>> configuration using the configuration service offered by Felix.
>> For this, I've created a metatype.xml with a field like this:
>>
>> --cut here-- <metatype:MetaData
>> xmlns:metatype="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0"
>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0
>> http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.2.0/metatype.xsd"
>> localization="OSGI-INF/metatype/metatype"> ... <AD
>> id="company.username" type="String" default="Administrator"
>> name="%company.username.name"
>> description="%company.username.description" required="true"/>
>> ... --cut here--
>>
>> Basically the configuration works, but the required field isn't
>> checked. If I leave it empty, it simply saves the configuration
>> without any complain. When I reopen the configuration, the field
>> is blank. Is that expected behavior?

Not entirely sure, but isn't the fact that you're specifying a default
value causing this behaviour? There's still an issue with specifying
empty default values, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4665.

>> Also I'm wondering, if max/min attributes aren't checked either?

IIRC this should work. What use case did you try?

- --
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

/My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu/

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00

http://www.luminis-technologies.com
http://www.luminis.eu

KvK (CoC) 09 16 28 93
BTW (VAT) NL8169.78.566.B.01

Re: Felix Configuration Service and required fields

Posted by Veit Guna <ve...@gmx.de>.
Anyone?