Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Wonbae Kim <zw...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/09 12:15:11 UTC

Problem occurs when I increase the number of workers

When running SimpleShortesPath example, it completed well if the number of
worker is 1.

hadoop jar \
/home/wb/giraph-1.0.0/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.0.0-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
\
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner \
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex \
-vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat \
-vip /in/input \
-of org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat \
-op /outShortest \
-w 1

However, when I increase the number of workers , like 2, map tasks were
killed.

hadoop jar \
/home/wb/giraph-1.0.0/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.0.0-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
\
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner \
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex \
-vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat \
-vip /in/input \
-of org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat \
-op /outShortest \
-w 2

How can I increase the number of workers?

Re: Problem occurs when I increase the number of workers

Posted by Wonbae Kim <zw...@gmail.com>.
How can I check what you asked ? I'm too newbie sorry...

Posted by Jan van der Lugt <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Emre Aladağ <em...@agmlab.com>.
It should be related to Hadoop.

In what mode you're running Hadoop? You may need distributed mode to
achieve multiple workers. I don't remember the reason but I had the same
problem and have been testing my codes with 1 worker. But it should run
on a cluster with multiple workers.