Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by A Sunley <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/06 21:24:51 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 6.0.xx and JAAS and userContextClassLoader

Hello all,

We're using Tomcat 6.0.14 and we need to use JAAS for our webapp. We have a
custom login module and it's desirable for us to have the custom LoginModule
.jar inside the WEB-INF\lib directory of our webapp.

However with Tomcat 6 it appears we can only place the jar in the lib folder
of Tomcat, otherwise we get a 'SEVERE: Class com.devtest.auth.UserPrincipal
not found! Class not added' on startup. I can't find much information on
this issue, but the issue is perhaps better described here:
http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-2995;jsessionid=C72F970D8B99F4BD60185FB0A1567A8F?page=history

According to the link it is because Tomcat 6 performs a Class.forName()
lookup.

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks,
Alan.

Re: Problem with Tomcat 6.0.xx and JAAS and userContextClassLoader

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
A Sunley wrote:
> Is this bug with Tomcat 6, or is it intentional? The version 6 documentation
> mentions that setting useContextClassLoader switches between context and
> container class loading, but obviously that isn't the case anymore...

Ignore my previous post. It is indeed a bug in TC6.

Mark

Re: Problem with Tomcat 6.0.xx and JAAS and userContextClassLoader

Posted by A Sunley <al...@gmail.com>.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html#JAASRealm

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
A Sunley wrote: