Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by "Sloane, Brandon" <bs...@tresys.com> on 2019/12/13 02:25:19 UTC

Github build issues

On my latest PR, many of these automated tests are failing almost immidiatly on the "install dependencies" step with errors such as:

E: Repository 'https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/microsoft-ubuntu-bionic-prod bionic InRelease' changed its 'Origin' value from 'microsoft-ubuntu-bionic-prod bionic' to 'vscode stable'

Full results here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil/pull/301/checks?check_run_id=346747512

Thoughts?

Brandon T. Sloane

Associate, Services

bsloane@tresys.com | tresys.com

Re: Github build issues

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Found some other people with the same issue:

https://github.community/t5/GitHub-Actions/ubuntu-latest-Apt-repository-list-issues/td-p/41122

That thread lists some workarounds, but it looks like the core issue is
Microsoft has a buggy apt repository:

https://github.com/dotnet/core/issues/3988

We don't use any Microsoft dependencies so the workaround of just
removing the bad repo doesn't seem unreasonable.

However, doing some testing of the workaround, it looks like the
GitHub's containers now include sbt and rpm, so we don't even need the
Install Linux dependencies step anymore. I'll create a pull request
based on my tests shortly.