Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by novotny <no...@gridsphere.org> on 2008/12/05 03:22:19 UTC

how to print only one validation message from a listview of radiobuttons

Hi,

I have a ListView containing several RadioButtons.setRequired(true) (a Q & A
list) that are all required to be answered. However, if someone doesn't
click on all of the radio buttons, I see three "Please answer the question"
messages on the feedback panel. How can I just consolidate it so only one
message appears if any of the questions i.e. radiobuttons is not selected?

Thanks, Jason

Re: how to print only one validation message from a listview of radiobuttons

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
You can write a custom validator that checks all three and gives one message
if any are not completed.  Done correctly, it could be very reusable - give
it an array of components that it checks and a resource key to get the
message.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 8:22 PM, novotny <no...@gridsphere.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a ListView containing several RadioButtons.setRequired(true) (a Q &
> list) that are all required to be answered. However, if someone doesn't
> click on all of the radio buttons, I see three "Please answer the question"
> messages on the feedback panel. How can I just consolidate it so only one
> message appears if any of the questions i.e. radiobuttons is not selected?
>
> Thanks, Jason

Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: how to print only one validation message from a listview of radiobuttons

Posted by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com>.
Should you be using a RadioChoice instead?