Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/18 22:36:17 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9

Hi Everyone,

The Apache Nutch PMC are pleased to announce the immediate release of
Apache Nutch v1.9, we advise all current users and developers of the 1.X
series to upgrade to this release.

Apache Nutch is a highly extensible and scalable open source web crawler
software project. Nutch is a well matured, production ready crawler.
Version 1.x enables fine grained configuration, relying on Apache Hadoop
data structures, which are great for batch processing.

This release addresses no fewer than 55 issues in total. Please see the
list of changes [0] for a full breakdown, or see the JIRA release report
[1]. As usual in the 1.X series, this release is made available both as
source and binary. Additionally developers can find Maven artifacts within
Maven Central. The release can be downloaded here [2].

Thanks
Lewis
(On behalf of Nutch PMC)

[0] http://apache.org/dist/nutch/1.9/CHANGES.txt
[1] http://s.apache.org/1.9-release
[2] http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html

--
*Lewis*

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Here here, great job dudes

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Here here, great job dudes

RE: [RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Thanks Lewis!!

[0] http://apache.org/dist/nutch/1.9/CHANGES.txt <http://apache.org/dist/nutch/1.9/CHANGES.txt>

[1] http://s.apache.org/1.9-release <http://s.apache.org/1.9-release>
[2] http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html <http://nutch.apache.org/downloads.html>

--

Lewis

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mo,

Sorry for the late reply. 2.x hasn't made much progress lately and 2.3 has
still not been released as there are open issues with it (see JIRA). The
trunk and 2.x branch live quite separate lives although there are
improvements added to trunk that are not in 2.x. Most active contributors
(me included) work on trunk and not on 2.x

2.x is not as robust and feature complete as trunk and is also not as fast
but it has some minor benefits over trunk (e.g. resumable fetch or parse
steps)

Julien

--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Nutch 1.9