Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/07/08 15:31:20 UTC

Re: JPL's rocketing webservers

> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >

> > Seems that memory goes along way toward meeting the demand. They
> > have gone from dribbling out ~400,000/day to ~3,000,000/day on each
> > of 2 servers.
>
> Neat - how much memory, in the end?

256MB on a 170mhz Ultra 1

They brought it up to 128MB which raised service up to about
2mil/day and then it started crawling again. At 256MB and 768
hard_server_max it seems to be handling it well. This is Apache
1.2.1 BTW.

Also, if it did not come out in my posts, they have 2 of these
servers that are _each_ serving 3mil/day. Numbers in that last
status looked like they could actually be on track for
5mil/day/server.