Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by George Thomas <ge...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/25 17:29:37 UTC

Unable to load CXF SOAP based web services when no internet connection is available

Hi All,

The Apache CXF based SOAP web services works fine in a setup with internet
connection available. However it does not load in a setup with no internet
connection available. The wsdl files depends on couple of .xsd files which
in turn references many external online sites. (like
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#) The error getting is something similar
as follows.

*javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException: faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem
parsing file *

*/........../webservices/WEB-INF/wsdl/xxx.xsd java.net.UnknownHostException
www.w3.org <http://www.w3.org> errors*

Is it possible to have web services loaded without validating wsdl files or
any other way to resolve this issue? The cxf-beans.xml too has external
references.

I have the CXF related jars  copied under jre/lib/ext folder.

CXF web service is copied on the tomcat server's, webapps folder. Tomcat is
a slightly altered version bundled with the IAM product.

Directory Structure

<product_root>/jre/lib.ext

<product_root>/Tomacat_instance/webapps/cxfws/

Under cxfws folder

wsdl folder (contains wsdl and xsd files)

and the following files

cxf-beans.xml

web.xml

Regards,

George

Re: Unable to load CXF SOAP based web services when no internet connection is available

Posted by George Thomas <ge...@gmail.com>.
This is further to my previous mail.
I still face issues in making CXF SOAP web services  working in a setup
where there is  no internet connection available. My webservice uses an old
wsdl , (I think its based on SPML standards) and depends on couple of xsd
files. All xsd files are local to the system, but the local files refers
online links.(like targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#")

Tried the below solutions.
1. Defined spring.schemas under META-INF folder
with the content
http\://
www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd=xsd/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd
parent of META-INF contains xsd/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd*(This again refers
online url)*
All bundled into a jar file which is in classpath. (including wsdl file)
2. Tried adding jax-ws-catalog.xml under META-INF

But these did not work. I was getting

java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect (parsing related error)

What is the solution to overcome this issue, if doable?
Which is the correct approach (using spring.schemas or jax-ws-catalog.xml)?
If spring.schemas to be used , do I have to add spring.handlers also and
should it contain any custom class?

Regards,
George