Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by tonal disorder <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/22 16:54:10 UTC

I have a contract first AXIS2 web service that is trying to override the
defaults to XMLBean's CData "outputting behaviour". I would like ALL of my
xml element text data to be CData wrapped.

I have tried feeding an XMLOptions object, with the setSaveCDataXXXXX
properties set, into my biz classes newInstance factory methods and/or using
xmlText method. Neither technique modified xmlBean's default behaviour.

In frustration, I downloaded the XMLBean source , located the correct code,
and altered the default behaviour to ALWAYS wrap xml element text with
CDATA.

Amazingly, this did not work either. When I tested with  my change, I can
dump the XML from my biz classes using xmlText() .... and do see the CDATA
wrapper (unconditionally), but somewhere after the time I let go of the web
service response, it reverts back to no CDATA wrappers.

I am thinking this must be going on in the axis2 layer, but stepping thru
the code with a debugger didn't reveal the answer.

If anyone has an idea of what is going on here, I would be grateful for your
thoughts.