Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luc NADDEO <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/29 12:19:50 UTC

problem to display pdf throw the browser

Hello,

We've got problem when we try to display relatively big file in pdf (for
instance 1,7Mo)

The browser/pdf displayer (acrobat) halt to load after annoncing 1/3 loaded

If we use the simple "right-click option/dowload this file", it works fine
anf fast.

Why ?

Thanks for your help.

We use : Apache 2.0.58 + Cocoon 2.1.9

Re: problem to display pdf throw the browser

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Luc,

Luc NADDEO schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> We've got problem when we try to display relatively big file in pdf (for
> instance 1,7Mo)
>
> The browser/pdf displayer (acrobat) halt to load after annoncing 1/3 loaded
>
> If we use the simple "right-click option/dowload this file", it works
> fine anf fast.
>
> Why ?

that could be related to the byte-ranges issue (incremental loading).
Maybe this helps:

http://redarrow.textdrive.com/article/34/troubles-with-serving-pdfs

-- Andreas

--