Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu> on 2015/08/12 23:43:30 UTC

RE: [BCEL] 6.0 RC4

I would like to update some of my proposed fixes and lobby for their inclusion in the next release of BCEL.  To that end I presume I should be comparing my changes with the source in the RC4 tag as opposed to the trunk.  Is that correct?

Thank you,
Mark Roberts

Re: [BCEL] 6.0 RC4

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

We all work here as volunteers, and as such, time and interest can be
limited or focused on specific Commons components and areas. It's really
just up to one of us (any Apache committer or a PMC member) to put in the
time.

In general, providing patches with unit tests is the best way to get an
issue resolved.

Pinging the ML helps too ;-)

As you might have noticed, we just had a 6.0 RC that failed and has been
followed by a flurry of commits from several different devs.

I would make sure all of your patches can be applied cleanly on top of
trunk. I know it might be a pain, but it's the best way.

It looks like we have an RM that is willing to put in the time to shepherd
a release.

If your changes break BC, then now is time to try to get them in.

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com

RE: [BCEL] 6.0 RC4